Massage therapy is the manipulation of soft tissues of the body including, muscles, connective tissues, tendons, ligaments and joints. Massage Therapy is a clinically-oriented healthcare option that helps alleviate the discomfort associated with everyday and occupational stresses, muscular over-use and many chronic pain conditions.
Our Massage Therapists can provide the following services:
- massaging the soft tissues of the body, such as muscles, tendons and ligaments to assist healing
- utilising a range of massage techniques to enhance sports performance and prevent injury
- administering treatments to promote relaxation, improve circulation and relieve muscle tension
- assessing and treating specific soft tissue dysfunction and providing rehabilitation advice
- employing other techniques, such as acupressure or Shiatsu, and complementary aids, such as infra-red lamps, wet compresses, ice, essential oils and herbal and mineral therapies, to assist recovery
- assessing client’s physical condition and case history and advising on stretching exercises and relaxation techniques
For more information or to book in with one of our Massage Therapists today please contact your preferred Eastbrooke centre.
Sources: Registered Massage Therapists Association of Ontario and Australia Bureau of Statistics